Sunday, January 30, 2011

Finland: Carrot | Sunday Stamps

Finland Postage Stamp: Carrot

I received this fun stamp yesterday. It's not a rabbit, but it's rabbit food! I tried to find some information about the stamp itself. Although I was unable to, I did find this list of carrot trivia from the virtual World Carrot Museum.

I wonder if the USPS will ever issue shaped stamps; I've seen them from Finland, as in this example, and I believe also from Singapore.

Head over to Sunday Stamps on Viridian's Postcard Blog for more interesting stamps associated with the Chinese New Year.

8 comments:

Postcardy said...

A recent card I received from Finland has the same yellow top with a picture of a pumpkin on the bottom. And it looks like there are amall stickers added to make a face on the pumpkin and a hand holding a bunch of flowers.

Postcardy said...

here is a link and some information:

https://verkkokauppa.posti.fi/PublishedService?pageID=9&itemcode=104741

Funny vegetables- a booklet of 8 stamps with stickers:

Grinning greens! Cucumber with crown, eggplant with ears; tomato with teeth, potato with pony-tail - have you seen before?
This booklet of eight vegetable-stamps includes tens of stickers - you can create your own kind of stamps. Make these vegetables laugh and walk, disguise them as a bunny or pig - let you imagination fly!

Aimee Dars said...

Thanks for sharing that link. It's awesome! I wish we had stamps like that!

viridian said...

I have received a postcard with the potato stamp on it - I recognize it. Thank you for participating!

Dorincard said...

Cute stamp!
Your avatar face is full of joy! :)

Joy said...

Now I know a whole lot more about carrots! Cute stamp, Postcardy is spot on with the info. Finland have issued more cute shaped stamps this month as well. See them on one of my favourite sites http://www.topoftheworld.nu where I drool over stamps from the Nordic countries.

Deborah said...

Cute stamp, I love the different shaped stamps, I haven't seen them in Australia.

GadgetSponge.com said...

Great post! I don't think I've ever had the fortune of running across a die cut stamp.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...